WHY IS DEMOCRATIC STATE CENTRAL COMMITTEE IMPORTANT?
- Voter Registration - All eligible citizens in Baltimore should be registered to vote.
We need more directed and frequent efforts to register new voters and returning citizens.
- Filling Vacancies - When a sitting State Senator/Delegate or Democratic Nominee is unable to move forward due to death, resignation or removal the Democratic State Central Committee for that district fills the vacancy through public interview, written ballot and roll call vote.
We need additional transparency and community engagement in the vacancy process.
- Get out the Vote for Primary General Elections - Voter turnout in Baltimore has both local, state and national implications. Baltimore City is the heart of the Democratic Party. The greater share of Baltimore Democratic turnout the less likely we will see Republican Victories.
We need more robust Get Out the Vote effort in both primary and general elections to raise Baltimore’s profile and impact.
- Engaging with Voters - Baltimore City’s Democratic Party and District 41st electeds and candidates needs to know what issues and concerns matter most to our residents. The party platform and campaigns should reflect those concerns.
We need more community listening efforts, voter polling, and engagement events.
- Fund Raising for the Democratic Party - A strong Democratic Party requires substantial fundraising so the Democratic candidates can be competitive.